Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID issue wit OPT 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecom0130

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
US
The proble I am having is the customer does not have a PBX tech. I am bringing in a PRI going through a CSU as per the customer. The first time we delivered the circuit, we could not get the numbers up, customer said it is on my side, but they have no idea what they are doing. How does it need to be set up in the OPT and set up in my 5ESS switch.
Thanks for any help.

If they have you, then they have a PBX tech, they assumne. Short of a better answer from another poster, ask the vendor for a contact at another customer with a similar combination of systems is my advice

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

Is this the 1st PRI in the PBX? Make sure the LDN number is assigned. If not you will not recieve external calls. Are you using a tmdi card? Are you using a downloadable dchi or msdl daughterboard? What problem were you having? Did the dchannel come up? Did you put a loop back on the circuit? We need more info.

Just noticed it was OPT81C. Change that to dual pri? Msdl? MSDl daughterboard? QPC720?

without a tech it's not going to happen, i've posted a few configs on the setup of a new pri, but without a tech on site, it's not a quick job.. between the cabling, finding a msdl with a spare port plus build the cequ out, then add the route and trunks and dch and download the msdl... your about to turn 30 minutes worth of software into a week long nightmare

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for all the help. The order was just canceled.

SPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back