Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID, DISA busy tone problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hi all,

I have ipLDK300 installed at a customer site with 4 ISDN BRI and 15 DID's. I do not have any auto attendant settings ie. every extension got it own DID.

The problem is the following: I use "DID conversion conf type 0" i.e. the number 3091557 leads to extension 157. "DID Disa destination programmin" in PGM167 is set to: Busy, Error and No answer is set to TONE and all Reroute is set to attendant (ring assign).
When an incoming call comes on 3091557 it leads to extension 157 (which is an analog phone) alright. But when during a conversation another call comes on 3091557, the caller get a ring signal but I do not have any idea where the call goes (because the 157 extension is already on a call), and this triggers a problem that caller thinks no one answers the phone when in fact its busy.

All I want is when ext. 157 is on a call, other calls that come on the DID 3091557 get busy tone.

I think this is a DISA messup. Anyone can assist?

Thanks,
Ivo

Hi pleskuk

Check this one.
thread1613-1490511

You need to use "DID conversion conf type 2" to use PGM231.

///doktor

Thanks, I've realized that :) but is there no way to achieve what i suggest when using "DID conversion conf type 1"? i.e. to give busy tone when extension is already on a call and another caller dials that ext. too?

I will anyways migrate to Type2 and set it as you suggest, eventhough don't you think this is a "reroute if busy, no answer etc" problem too?

Thanks again,
Ivo

Hi Ivo

We have always used DDI type 2, so I do not know how type 0 and 1 will work.

///doktor

Try disable Camp ON feature on the phone
PGM 112 FLEX 15 SET TO OFF

Just to let you know, ultimately I switched to DDI type 2. It solved my problems.

Thanks again,
Ivo

Hey Doktor:

Something about conversion types:

DID (Direct Inward Dialing)
Direct Inward Dialing (DID) allows incoming calls to access a specific
destination. This feature enables the caller to directly access a desired
Station, Hunt Group, VMIU Announcement, Speed or Paging bypassing
the Attendant.
There are three types of DID conversion that can be set by Admin
Programming:
• Type 0 ?? incoming DID digits are converted with Digit Conversion
Mask. The result is final DID destination number.
• Type 1 ?? incoming DID digits are the destination number (there is
no conversion).
• Type 2 ?? with result of DID Conversion Type 0, find the final
destination from Flexible DID Table.

Saludos...

JLMT//

Thnak you, Ivo, for your update! It is always nice to get the final status.

Conclusion:
DID conversion "type 2" uses PGM231, and is the most flexible way to build up an advanced DID dial in translation table.

See this link for details: thread1613-1490511: PRI

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back