Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID digits versus LD 80 trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk49

MIS
May 13, 2009
US
I printed out LD 21 LDN and it appears as the amount of DID digits is (7) coming from the carrier.
How is it that when you trace a call that the full (10) digit number appears in the call information, meaning the local area code is included.
Is that put back in from another config setting?

I'm trying to verify that I have (7) digit DID from the carrier.
Thanks

Usually the length of LDN0 is the number of trailing digits the system will use for IDC

eg
LDN0 1234567 (7 digits in length)
Incoming setup 1234567890
digits looked at by IDC 4567890

The LDN really has nothing to do with IDC since you don't need an IDC table at all if the digits from the CO match the DN in the PBX. The reason you are seeing the area code in the trace is because it is a PRI. The LDN length should match the amount of digits being sent from the CO.

Thanks guys.
Yes I do have an IDC table referenced and its rule is to match the prefix, the first 3 digits (which I'm presuming is the first 3 of the 7 digits) and replaces those with the first digit of our 5 digit DID extensions.

So KCFLHRC, it's basically the PRI NI2 protocol from the carrier that reinserts the area code? The D Channel is provided the area code setting and passes it on to the CS1000?

An example;
The company owns DID 222-333-XXXX.
Their LDN0 is 333-9999
The carrier sends a DID call through the DID D Channel as 333-8888

The CS1000 LD 80 shows Called Party 222-333-8888. So the 222 is also provided by the carrier through the D Channel as an overall area code setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back