Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID digit conflict 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
I'm setting up a new PRI on a 3300. We've got one DID that sends 9111 on an incoming call. That's problematic since ARS is expecting 9, preventing me from creating a speecall to "translate" it. It's possible to have a different set of digits sent, or change the ARS prefix to 8, but it's not ideal.

Any clever ways around this?

There is no easy way around it.
The best one is to always request ten digit DID numbers so at least you have the flexibility to change the digit length yourself.
On loads with DID Service, you can translate ten digit numbers without using SC and it even can be done in the User form.

This is the only way to handle more than seven digits that is the maximum DN length in MCD.

Kinda figured that was the case. Since I am the CO in this case (using a Cisco router to send SIP calls to the 3300 via PRI) I was able to modify the digits it sends as to not start with 9.

Thank you!

You could program the MCD to either use the DID table aor in the trunk service assignment at a digit and make speed calls that route the 5 digit value to the 4 digit extension in your casw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back