Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID answered by Park’n’Page 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackybear

Technical User
Jun 17, 2011
CA
Hello

I have a BCM50 R6
I would like Callpilot to answer a target line and transfer it directly to park’n’page.
I do not want to use the CCR tree because I don’t want the caller to dial any digits.
I want the call to come in and announced with park’n’page only.

Have any ideas how to do this.

Regards

SL

I'm not too up on Nortels, but in the NEC world you can use the time out to transfer calls.
Is it possible to use the time out in the dial table to transfer it to the park-n-page?

FireBird,

I never was able to exploit DISA features.
Actually didn’t find much white papers on the subject.
Do you happen to have anything on the subject. I would gladly like to learn more on this feature.
It would also help me understand how to use it with my P’n’P issue!

Regards,

SL

Park & Page is meant to do one of the two following options:

-Give a caller the option to page a specific department (anyone to answer, not a specific person). <<<----- Path X in CCR X - one must press Option/Path X to be parked/paged
-Give a caller whom has reached the mailbox of a specific person to first have the option of having them paged. <<<------ Caller needs to press 6 while listening to the users greeting to be parked/paged

As I see it the answer would then be no you cannot have Park & Page answer lines.

DISA is old school for remote users to call into the system to:
Page somebody
Intercom somebody
Use one of the lines to dial out

It's a bloody pain to use.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Did you try this. Route the did to be answer by Greeting table, record a empty Company greeting,disable dn dialing,program a “home transfer node Ccr” to park’n page.

Ok lets go a little bit tricky ,You can try to record a .wav of the sound of dtmf digit 1 or find one already available with compatible format and import it as company greeting , put in a greeting table that use a CCR with node 1 as park’n page.

Hold that thought...trying a similar method and getting closer.

Edit - Never mind, I tried Path 0 but did still does not work.
It mistakenly heard my PC speakers when I was playing it.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I have a work around!

In my 2 tests
-I forwarded a spare set X300 to 91XXXXXXXXPPP*358P6 (this will effect both internal and external calls to it)
-I have my SIP DID/Target 125 A&R at 300 as well Target Line 125 is AA/Table1/0 Rings - The Forward beats AA on the call inbound, but luckily AA took control when the call looped back.
---First test: I intercom 300 which grabbed an analog trunk which then called my SIP line, entered the * then mailbox number and finally pressed 6.
---Second test: I called in from my mobile to my SIP line which (did same as above)grabbed an analog line which then called my SIP line, entered the * then mailbox number and finally pressed 6.

91XXXXXXXXPPP*358P6:
91 = Dest code (for analog line)
X =Main line
P = Pause, in my case 2 was a hit and miss where 3 of them was needed to capture the *358 100% of the time.
* =Send call to mailbox
358 = Mailbox number <<---Record a second of silence for the "Directory Greeting"
P = 1 pause will do
6 = command to be parked

The times from when after I dialed to when the prompt "one moment please" was heard was approx 9 seconds....not too bad!

If you were wanting this P&P feature and no SIP and you have only one analog line then you would loop a spare analog station port into a spare analog trunk port and have AA answer that port as well.
Also in some cases depending on your SIP carrier they might allow you to call your SIP line from your SIP line....in my case they do not (busy signal) and why I used an Analog line too assist with the Forward.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back