Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID and Ext's are the same number

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnes

Technical User
May 3, 2010
US
I need to be able to have x3114 as a phone but I know have a DID of 3114 coming down the down PRI pipe. If I setup a translation pattern for 3114(pri) to go to x6953 that works but then the actually phone x3114 can never get a call. Is there a way using the partitions to have the 3114(pri) digits in the translation table go to x6953 but have the other office workers able to call x3114 and not have the calls go to
x6953. I know I can get the carrier to change the DID digits coming down the pipe or change the phone x3114 to something else. Other phone system I have programmed had a DID table that the PRI looked at first before going to the numbering plan.

Here's one approach:
1. Set up two partitions (let's call them INBOUND-EXT-PT and INBOUND-INT-PT).
2. Put the DN 3114 on the phone in the INBOUND-INT-PT partition.
3. Set up a translation on DN 3114, but in the INBOUND-EXT-PT partition, and have it point to 6953.
4. Set up a calling search space for the internal users that includes the internal partition.
5. Put the gateway on a separate CSS that includes the external partition.

Let me know if that works for you.

A simple way may be to look at how many digits you are recieving on the did calls. It may be easier to process them as 5 digit and use that to differentiate between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back