Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID access to PRI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMMC

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
US
I have a DID number built as a steering code to a RLI with entry 0 going to a route for a PRI. Works great when dialed from inside the facility (4 digits) but I get a busy when dialed from outside?

I have had something similar to this:

Incoming number, with an IDC conversion to a steering code (DSC) that then forwarded to a public trunk (ISDN) and failed.

The answer after going through the vendor and ultimately Nortel was that we were "missing" pkg 366. This package seems to consist of "patches" that "fixes" things like this. Not sure when this came in, but believe it was 25.40B and possibly earlier.

The net result was that Nortel "provided a patch" that overcame the problem. There was a lot of arguement about this, due to Nortel wanting to charge for the patch,and prior to an upgrade that we had had, the feature was working. It is believed that the upgrading vendor may not have checked the patch lists.

Good Luck

Are you trying it as a TrunkSteeringCode (TSC) ?
Cheers!!

another possible block would be the ncos of the inbound trunk not high enough for the frl or a match on the targ of the two trunks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back