Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID 2616 Multiline busy...? how to fix it...? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyro03

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
MX
Hi evryone, I have ths problem, suddenly some persons have been saying that when they try to get connected from their houses or cellulars to one Direct Number (2616, Multiline)
of he company, it is soundless (there is no ringing sound), even the attendant (just some period of tima, not always the same). I´ve been told of several extensions with this problems, and I´m not sure about the possible casuses, this is the reason I´m doing this post it. I´d like to receive what are the possible causes (I´m new into the meridian) what overlays and all that.

Thanks in advance.

sounds like bad trunks from telco

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE ONE WAY TRANSMISSION,YOU NEED TO TEST YOUR DID'S. FIRST I WOULD GO TO LD 36 AND DO A LDIC C R C=CUSTOMER # R=IS THE ROUTE # AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY TRUNKS THAT HAVE HAD NO TRAFFIC ON THEM IN DAYS.
IF ALL SHOW 0 DAYS THEN IT'S TIME TO START PUMPING TEST CALLS TO A SET WITH A DID AND A DISPLAY, BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE ONE WAY TRANSMISSION THE PHONE WILL RING BUT NO ONE THERE.
GOOD LUCK

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back