Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dictation/Transcription Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
I know I've asked quite a bit of questions, but I'm looking to find what anyone is using for dictation/transcription services. We use a product called Dictaphone, which has basically stopped developing on their platforms and are focusing on healthcare. Wondering if there any built in CM features or another system of sorts that can accomplish this. Essentially, the principal of the firm dials an extension which he just speaks into. Upon hangup his admins have a PC client that alerts and sends them the new dictation. From there they transcribe into email.

Esna can probably transcribe the voice messages on the fly. Otherwise I'm sure 'leave a msg in this mbx' for the boss and 'blinky light when there's a new msg' for the assistant would work. I guess it depends on the features needed like account codes and sorting on that basis and not just fifo or lifo.
That, and professional types hate change.
Suggestion: vmware workstation or a thinapp kind of thing :)

That's a blast from the past!
I'm not suprised at all that Dictaphone are concentrating on the healthcaredge market; there is next to no call for centralised dictation nowadays. About the only other vertical is the legal profession
This really depends on the number of dictators and ultimately on the number of zeros in your budget. Likewise if you are looking for MI etc that will have a bearing
I used to work for a Lanier dealer many years ago and a quick look at their voice products suggests that they may do a pabx integration

Of course, if it just one user, there are handheld recorders that sync to a centralised sever and bypass the pabx... (not a popular choice on a pabx forum admittedly)
Or follow the advice of use a voicemail box!
Good luck

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back