Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diamond Viper 9600xt driver out of date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoValence

Technical User
Mar 21, 2006
US
Hi All,

I recently bought a Diamond Viper 9600xt, and installed it in my old AMD K7 system. Initially i used the disk drivers that came with the card and it all worked fine till i tried to play a game. When a DX9 game is started i get a dialog telling me my drivers are out of date. So i went to the Diamond MM site and downloaded/installed the latest and greatest drivers. After installing them i was still getting the same dialog displaying the same error msg. When i go to device manager and check the driver details they are outdated by more than two years.

So now i believe my new card is so obsolete that diamond doesn't even have any newer drivers for my card. Am i just looking in the wrong place or am i right?

I have used many cards with ATI chipsets in the past, all of which would work well with drivers downloaded from the ATI site. So when i downloaded/installed the latest and greatest DX9 and drivers from thier site i get even more problems like more error dialogs and even slower graphics.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what should do next to get it working right?

Thanks in advance,

NeoValence

According to the ATI site, the latest version of DirectX is available at the MS site. Is that where you got your DX version?

ski,

Thanks for the reminder First I went to this site:

I then downloaded and installed DX-9

Then I went to this site:

Clicked the link:

All Radeon - Version 8-121-050322a

Once there i then downloaded and installed the latest card drivers.

Now every thing appears to be fine. I think my original problem was resultant from having out of date version of DX-9. I now remember recently installing the old game "Testris Worlds" and foolishly installed the DX version that came with that.

Thanks again,

NeoValence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back