Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diamond SupraMax Modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

enviroman50

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
I have a Diamond SupraMax 56i PCI S98-2359 modem installed on a 500 mhz computer runningg 98SE. The problem is I can't get the modem to hookup above 1200kbs. My other modem always connected at 48,000kbs. I have loaded the latest drivers and have contacted Diamond. Diamond hasn't helped and neither has the new drivers. What can I do to speed this thing up?

The generic init string for Diamond Supra series is supposed to be AT&F2W2. You might try that. But I envision your possibly needing more. Assuming you don't have a buggy or corrupt firmware, you might go to SonicBlue's page (they sell the Supra). It is here:

Pick out your modem there, then follow the link to the next page, where you will see all kinds of stuff, from info on your modem to drivers, firmware, etc.

Hope this helps
Butch

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts"

Supramax 2751 PCI V.92

Win xp does not see any info that is suppose to be included in the specific driver for win xp(acording to SonicBlue).(ftp://ftp.diamondmm.com/pub/communications/supra/Supramax/sup2751/ I contact SonicBlue few times and of course never same person that was ansering my mail and well they just did'nt give anything that any avreage user already know. So did anyone install succesfully the driver in win xp pro for the supramax 2751 and How ? Thank's

the number you dial up with need to support v.92.if the number you use only supports v.90 you will be disconnected anyway.you will have to check your access numbers or contact your internet provider to find out if they support v.92 to do what you want it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back