Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialtone timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

runlun

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2006
NO
Hi

Where can I change the length of the internal dial tone (cs 1000 rls 7.0)
The users asking for this are using dig sets (M3904
Thanks

rgds
Runlun

I think you need to look in LD 56.

>LD 56
REQ PRT
TYPE FTC
TABL
USER

REQ PRT
TYPE FCAD
WCAD

REQ PRT
TYPE MCAD
WCAD

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

OK
Maybee I was a bit imprecise in my question..

The problem customer describes is the short time they have available to dial before the timeout message appear in the display

Does the values in MCAD table affect the time the dial tone is present? before timeout?

runlun

runlun, are you sure it is dialtone timeout that is the problem?
More likely it is the interdigit timer for NARS calls to the outside. That is the NIT prompt under NETDATA in the CDB.
I think the max is 8 seconds which, I agree, can be a bit short.
My suggestion is that users pre-dial the phone number before lifting the handset or selecting a line. Then they can dial at their leisure and correct errors before they dial without starting over.

If it really is the dialtone timeout they have a problem with then that is the DIND setting in the TIM_DATA of CDB.

Go to LD 21

prt
tim

The 2 x paramaters you are looking for are:

DIND..Used for analods
DIDT..Used for digitals.

IF you have pkg 131, you will see 3 parameters, in mnot then only 1.

The 3 parameters are:

1:Time between dialtone and 1st digit dialled timeout

2: The time between the 1st and 2nd digits dialled

3: The time between the 2nd and 3rd (and other digits).

A word of warning though...

IF you have flens = 0 and you do not dial enough digits, your post dial delays may be high if you change timer values.

Hi

Thanks a lot, I have tried to change the timers, but there is still short time if someone dials the first part of a number, and have to look up the final digits in a list

So the solution was to change the settings of their phones to not use "active dialpad", and make the users pre-dial the numbers [smile]

regards
runlun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back