Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialplan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktripp

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
NEC
AspireWebPro
GE Release, M/L

KTS Type Large
Main Software General Overseas 07.00
Database V10.0H
PC Programming 5.00e

I'm a NEC newbee here (Avaya backgroun). I'm trying to help assist one of our sites who has the above pbx. It appears to have a web interface for programming. I'm trying to understand how the dialplan works. I know I'm asking a lot here, but could someone point me in the right direction in how to understand it a bit more? They appear to have two NEC's connected together due to the size of the user population. I was told by them that the PBX's cannot overlap blocks within the same digit. For exampmle 1000-1499 on one pbx and other 1500-1999. They said this was not possible. So they have 1xxx on one pbx and 2xxx and 4xxx on the other, both connected together via pri I suspect. To me, this just doesn't make sense. We're trying to consolidate non-DID digits to make life simpler for everyone.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back