Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialogs out of phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyMc

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
I've created an app with VS C++ .net which opens a dialog with lots of checkboxes and other controls. At the bottom is a "Go" button which causes the app to take the options and operate on them, producing an output file, and then exiting, taking the dialog with it. I have been debugging the app, using MessageBox to display data at certain points. The other day, all of a sudden, The OK/Cancel buttons on the MessageBox stops responding, even though the MB is on top. Clicking the Go box underneath it on the app does get a response (how did control get back there?), usually aborting the program. Same thing happens with the MB which pops up on a runtime error in the app. Since it was working, I must have changed some setting somewhere. Any ideas?

No idea what your doing that would cause that, but use the trace mechanism to view logging information rather than MessageBoxes. Look at the SDK for OutputDebugString()

-pete

OK - that's cool, but I still need to know what's going on (or not, as the case may be).

My excuse for using these MBs is that the data is voluminous and table oriented - not well suited for looking at in the debug window - not really suited for an MB, but better than debug. But I'll try the API you mention.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back