Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialog Box deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceRing

Vendor
Jan 13, 2012
US
I can’t believe this. I was making some changes to a CCR tree in the Call Pilot 100 programming on my laptop. I was deleting a path. You know how there is a dialog box that says something like DO NOT SHOW THIS DIALOG BOX AGAIN and it has a checkbox? Well I stupidly checked that and so now I am restricted from doing other things in the same area. So when I click on DELETE, say to delete a path, absolutely nothing happens! Previously it would say something like ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE? And I would press OK, now there is nothing and I can’t delete the paths. Having a hard time building my CCR tree now. I did logout and get back in and it was still gone. #%@!!
Is there any way to get that dialog box BACK again?? I sure can’t imagine there is, but if anyone would know, this is the place.

Which browser???

- I just tested (BCM version) IE11, Edge, Firefox & Chrome and none of them had the little box, only the yes or no or cancel.
Because it's BCM I cannot simulate the issue as the 1XX might act different.

Have tried:
-Another browser
-Deleted the cache and temp files in the browser?
-Use the "reset browser" option?
-Re-install the browser?

Somethings to try:

Firefox - Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button

Chrome - Close the Tab and open a new Tab where you navigate back to the webpage you were on. By closing the tab you reset the additional dialogs setting back to on.
Close Chrome and then re-open Chrome. This will re-enable Additional Dialogs.

Edge - Settings/Clear browsing data/Choose what to clear/Show more/Pop-up exceptions/Clear

I found this setting in the regedit command by highlighting Internet Explorer under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer then searched for "dontshow" and came up with:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain
Mine as not set to any value.

I then backed up a bit to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and searched again in hopes to find similar settings in other browsers, only Microsoft Edge was the other notable entry.

If using one of those browsers and the data is set to something then delete the value and save.

Outta Ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Wow!! Impressive. I will try this stuff, thank you for checking it out. I will let you know.

It worked, thank you. I guess I should have known that clear cache thing, but I didn't. I was using Explorer and was really glad to get that dialog box back so I could finish my CCR Tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back