Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dialog and message to another window

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephd

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
FR
Hi, I've a dialog with a toolbar in it.
Some of the messages send by the toolbar are not used by the main dialog but by a child window (a static control derived class) and that's the problem... How to pass the message to the child window ?

I suppose i need to do this in PreTranslateMessage of the main dialog but how ?

If anybody has an idea, thanks in advance

Stephd

Hi, hit the FAQs tab above and find my FAQ on Windows Messaging under the 'programming' section. This will give you step-by-step instructions on how to message other windows and pass information between them.

:)
tellis.gif

[sup]programmer (prog'ram'er), n A hot-headed, anorak wearing, pimple-faced computer geek.[/sup]​

thanks for the info. I will read it.

However, i think i found a solution : just override OnCommand function because all WM_COMMAND goes throught it and toolbar "events" are WM_COMMAND messages.

stephd

I think to pass messgaes from one window you can use SendMessage/PostMessage too as SendMessage functions sends the specified message to a window or windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back