Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialog 5446 IP Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

megglesfield

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
KH
I have a number of Dialog 5446 IP telephones operating on TSW SP7. These work well but do not have the latest phone firmware installed. On boot up they communicate with the SW server and request to download the new the firmware, however when yes is selected to download, the download fails. Is there a specific setting that is needed?I also have 4425/02 installed and these have all been succesfully updated from the same software server.

could be a network issue,

put the phone on a HUB and wireshark with a laptop to see what's going on.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

oh wait, this is a series 5!

what firmware is the phone?
there are some special steps needed when the phone is in old firmware release:

- firmware rev < R1F: first update to R1F (you must set flag in phone via SSH as explained on knowledgebase)
- then you can upgrade to higher revision

/Daddy

I have upgraded from P1C10 --> R1F --> R2K using the guideline from whosrdaddy.

After upgraded to R2K, the login using admin/Ericsson over SSH no longer successful.

I guees the login/password is different for application firmware R2K.

Does anyone know the new login/password over SSH for DBC44601 phone installed with application firmware R2K?

/tanhh

Aastra firmware has "Telephone" as password

/daddy

Thanks whosrdaddy.

1. How can i make full use if the SSH in trouble shooting (monitor, diagnose, checking jitter value etc)?

Is there any manual over the commands available?

2. In Alex:
::Connection to the debug port is done via telnet (port=1500) and to access the Linux shell port 23 is used (telnet default port). ::

In my case:
when i telnet to port 1500, i got:
::C:\Documents and Settings\htan>telnet 10.173.23.85 1500
Connecting To 10.173.23.85...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1500: Connect failed ::

when i telnet to port 23, it is connected but no response. Hitting the "Enter" key on keyboard, the connection is closed.

Any idea?

regards
Tanhh

If you are still struggling to upgrade the IP5446 phones I have a recollection that might help you.

We are on 3.2 SP4 with the latest firmware loaded, and tried to install some (still boxed) 18 month old IP5446 phones. They also refused to upgrade, and the problem was identified as being down to a new upgrade process that required an earlier firmware to be installed first. i.e. we had to upgrade the phones twice to get to the latest level.

Hope this helps.

You cannot telnet anymore in later versions of firmware, you must use SSH.

Use something like puTTY to connect and you will be fine, as long as you are ok with VxWorks commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back