Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialog 4425 (DBC 425) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisPogi

Programmer
Sep 6, 2005
PH
Hi Guys,

Any ideas on how this IP phone sends information about the digits pressed by the calling party? Is it thru DTMF or H.425? Do I have to configure it to do so? Thanks in advance.

Francis

if IP phone is in speech, digits are sent through DTMF,like a DTS.

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi whosrdaddy,

Thanks for the response.

What do you mean by "if IP phone is in speech, digits are sent through DTMF,like a DTS". I'm getting confused on this. Do I have to configure it?

no, you don't have to configure anything, it works like a normal DTS (Digital phone)

hi whosrdaddy,

Thanks for the response.

It's weird because my IP voicemail application (H.323) can't detect the that signals everytime the caller pressed digits from the IP phone. I'm using intel Host media processing FYI.

Any thoughts?

Francis

Hi

May be your equipement is not fast enough?
I remember that one DTMF tone could be send at 70ms
If 2 DTMF are sent in sequence (let say a stored number on IPphone), the silent in between could be 70ms also.

Hi fouesnant,

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to modify it's speed? It's weird because my application responds well to DTMF when I use Microsoft Netmeeting but when I use the IP phone it can't sense it.

Any ideas?
Francis

Hi Francis

I really don't know. I guess it is encoded in the IPphone FW.

i believe you must push the tones button before you can send DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back