Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialling from Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

askb

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
GB
I am tryring to get the TSP service working on the Client PC so they can dial from thier Outlook contacts. Everything is installed as it should be and configured correctly but still not working.

My firewall guy says that we may not be allowing the ports through.

Can anybody tell me what ports the TSP service uses so I can enable this feature?

Thanks

Have your FW guy lookup ports. Try dialing from Outlook and then in the FW logs look for S:your_pc D:CCM. It will show if anything is getting blocked.

Make sure you have "Enable CTI Application Use" checked under the users configuration. I have also noticed that it takes a day for the application to start working on my client machines.

Are you getting an error when you try to make the call? What are you seeing?

One problem I have found is that the "Connect using line" sometimes reverts to IPCONF LINE.

Please make sure that when you click on the contact and select "New Call", go to dialing options and then look at "Connect using line". Make sure that you see Cisco Line: [MAC ADDRESS] (Extension). If this is set to IPCONF LINE, the call won't go through.

When I go to select the line the Cisco IP lines are not there. However if I try from another part on the network which is not behind the firewall it works fine.

I am also having the problem with Outlook 2003 changing the "Connect using line" from the modem to IPCONF Line. This happens periodically and is unpredictable. I have gone into "Phone and Modem Options", then "Advanced" and have deleted the IPCONF provider. I have gone into DOS and typed the command "netsh routing ip nat delete h323". Howevever the problem is still occuring. How do I get rid of this program? I don't want it, nor need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back