Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialling external from another site

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler9

Technical User
Feb 26, 2007
GB
Looking for some guidance on how best to dial externally from a bearer that exists at another site.

e.g. When the user in Site A tries to dial externally. I want it then to go down a dedicated voice link to Site B and then another hop to Site C. At Site C, I then want to dial out over that bearer. The routes are already setup but just not sure how to do that extra hop. I've set it up to dial out from Site B but don't know how to send it onto Site C.

The reason for doing this is that I want the user to present a DDI that exists on that bearer rather than their own bearer's DDI range.

Hope I've explained it well enough.

Thanks

LCR can be used to do this.

This is close to what you will have to do, assuming that you are using Exchange Numbers A=71, B=72, C=73 for networking, public network from C is DEST 79 and LCR access is set to 9.

In Exchange A - Setup LCR and add this entry
LCDDI:TAB=ENT,ENTRY=9,TRC=1,PRE=7379;

Make sure you have a DEST=73 on exchange A and send the complete number (SRT=0 in the RODDI) if exchange B is used as a transit exchange it also must send the complete number to exchange C.

Regards
Isinor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back