Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing via Programmable Key BLF Uses Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malinthas

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
US
I have a mix of 9212 and 9224 units, and recently purchased more. With every existing phone and SOME of the new units, when I assign a programmable key as a BLF, pushing that button calls the user's extension. That user has to pick up their receiver to answer. With the new 9224 unit, however, it instead dials them using the Intercom system (the [Intercom] button lights up green), and it auto-answers on speakerphone mode.

I can't find a setting, either in Config or Preferences, that is causing this behavior. I can't find anything in the Allworx server's settings either; it doesn't seem to matter which phone template, or which user account type, is assigned to the handset. It is ONLY a few of the new handsets that are doing this. I even tried factory-resetting them; no luck.

I checked the software version on each phone. Some have later versions than others, but this doesn't correspond to the units having trouble. (On a related note, how does one update the handset's software?)

Any help would be appreciated; I'm going mad looking for a pattern, much less an actual, effective fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back