Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmock

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2006
US
This is a little strange of a questions.
We moved from a Definity to the IP Office and I have had a lot of complaints about the sound of the tones when dialing. They sound kind of sad and pitiful. :) Is there anyway to change the tone?

This was an issue on 3.0 and 3.1. I thought it was fixed in 3.2 but I may be wrong. I do not know of anything to change it. It is a bug.

Thank for the responce.
Figured it was worth a try to ask.

Strange i have a lot systems 80+ on 3.1(65) and 3.2(54) with 6408D+ and no complaints about sound.

Only 54xx but i always set AGC on NO.

What version is your IPO

Greets Peter

Also 100's of ipo's in field from us, and not this issue reported. Wonder if this is a hardware issue, I would get a new proccessor out there either way.

You need to get this checked by your service partner, if i was your service partner i would try to figure it out al the way.

Strange that you as custemur must seek a forum to solve this kind of problems.

We have 100,s of IPO,s but one thing is always good and thats the sound Quality, but i always use Bri/Pri.

Greets Peter

I notice this happening on two different IPO 406v2's I recently installed, but it happens on the phones that are on the expansion modules and not the master module. The phones just have weird DTMF tones that don't correspond with what you would normally hear from touch tones.

Just from what I have experienced. These tones do nothing but let the dialing person know they are hitting the buttons. They are not actually what the telco hears for dialing, since the system modules do this internally.

That does not mean that they should sound ill, so I would have the hardware checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back