Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing Time - Is there a way to extend this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftboy

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2007
US
We are using IP Office 500. When dialing a number, if we need to take a minute to look up the numbers, the call errors out. Is there a way to extend the amount of time the system waits when dialing a number? Thanks.

system > Telephony > Dial Delay Time & Dial Delay Count

Or ARS > dial delay time but only for shortcodes ending with ; when finished dialling press # to dial the number immediately.
On the newer digitals sets you can enable "EnBloc" dialling which enables you to compose a number and edit it before you actually dial the number.
PHONE key > Features key > Call Settings > En-Bloc dialling off(default) or on.

Drop key. It instigates a little know "take as long as you like to look for the number and then be ready to dial it feature". Why fiddle with the phone system settings to fix a user error!

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Wait to you get older... eyes go bad, memory leaks, and you can't keep your eyes off the new receptionist and you whish to be fourty years younger.
In that scenario finding and dialling a number may take some time...

if we need to take a minute to look up the numbers, the call errors out
Seriously, find the number before you start dialing.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I am seriuos, the psych call it selfmirroring ...
I have the En-Bloc feature turned on.

in regions where enblock dialing is required the Dial delay timeout is usually set to 4 seconds and the dial delay count set to 0.

if 4 seconds is too short for your users to look up a number then they are probably beyond help.
if you do increase it expect to get complaints on how ling it takes to dial out.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back