Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing plan conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossV

Technical User
May 22, 2006
US
I have a new office that needs to fit in my four digit dial plan. The carrier is offering me choices of extensions that range from 1400-1500. I have tried to alter the destinations codes table to include a 1A in my existing BCM's but they won't accept it. Under the dialing plan/Public Network Settings the Public Network DN Lengths have an entry for the prefix for 1 and a DN length of 11. If I remove this entry you can't dial long distance. How do I get around this to allow the aforementioned extension range into the destination code table?

By default the Park prefix is set to 1, set this to none and you should be able to configure your extnesion range

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Would this negate park?

Changing park to none didn't work.

What are your extensions in the system now?

I have several sites networked that have 2000, 3000, 6000 and 8000 series extensions. This site in particular is 8300 through 8500. The main site is a cs1000e and has about 20 endpoints registered but the main site isn't an issue.

Your internal DNs is a PRIVATE, not PUBLIC plan....If you access code is 9 to the outside trunks, you should have 91 in your local plan and tell it to delete the 9 (leading digit or 1st digit and send all)...In your PRIVATE plan is where you want 1A routing to the other site (is the network private T1s or PSTN?). The CS will used CDP to route the call but it should see 1xxx coming from the other sites that then routes to the site location. Something is not programmed right (can you print an example of how say the 3xxx site sends calls to the 6xxx site?)

Keep the Call Park at None for testing. Try building Dest. Codes of 141-149, post what happens. Route should be Private.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back