Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing from Sidekick 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpot

Technical User
Nov 26, 2001
GB
In Sidekick 95 there is a useful facility whereby a telephone number can be draged to a telephone dialer, (bottom right corner in cardfile), and the number is dialed. Can this system be installed in Sidekick 99, as it is a very useful facility?

Dear qpot,
I believe,though I am not Absolutely sure that the following works in Sidekick99 as it does in Sidekick98 and Internet Sidekick
You can also single-click the Telephone icon or press F9 when the Card is highlighted.

After you have chosen the field for
Phone|CardfileSpeedDial
and then Setup default speed dial field
If you then Tab once and press Return it dials the number
Regards Jim

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply, but it only compunds the problem. In sidekick 99 I can not find a way to set a field called "CardfileSpeedDial", or find any reference to an ability to set up "default speed dial field". Within Sidekick 99 there is all the indications that dialing from the cardfile should be possible but there is no indication as to how to set the dialing up.
Regards Qpot.

Dear qpot,
Just to check, as I have never used Sidekick99, it is supposed to have a reduced set of abilities compared to all the other versions but I did'nt think that Dialing was one of the reduced features.

Have you gone to Tools|Preferences|General and checked that the Deskpad Icons On option group is set for Right Side or Left Side

As someone may have decided to select Hide Deskpad Icons

I am presuming that that choice is there!

Regards Jim

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your response.
After much hunting I have found that Starfish have removed the Phone Dialing facility from Sidekick 99. I should have gone from 95 to 98 not 99. Do you know where I could download sidekick 98 from?
Thanks for your help
Qpot.

Dear qpot,
See Faq1
By Clicking on the Link
Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

Below your post, and Mine
Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.