Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing 777 on VS mail rings busy? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hofer

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2002
US
I'm brand-spanking new to Lucent partner systems and I'm in the process of building a system for a friend. I have a 5 slot carrier filled as follows: 1-206e module v4.1, 2-206e module v3.1, 3-Plus processor v4.0, 4-Partner mail VS v5.0 (2 port card), 5-empty. I'm using a MLS-12D as the system phone on extension 10.

I've tryed <intercom> 777 to access voice mail and it doesn't work. When I press the third 7 I receive a busy signal.

Any thoughts?

You have not programmed th VM ports. Try this FEATURE 00 Left intercom twice, #505 Hunt group 7 and Depending on what VM you have try assigning these ports first: 26 and 27. If you have R1 try 22 and 23. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Is there a quick way to reset my partner plus 4.0 processor and voice mail VS 5.0 to factory defaults?

Go into the VM system - &quot;int 777&quot; at the voice menu enter 99# for Admin functions and the default password is - 2537. Then press 9 and you are into the main VM programming menu system. At any time just press 98925327. You will hear the voice prompt telling you &quot;the system will now be reset to factory default settings - goodbye&quot;. That is per drewmich. There is a code to reset the whole switch, but I can't remember it. I really don't think you would want to do that tho...
Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

according to what you have installed. Enter F00 left intercom twice the #505, hunt group 7. insert ports 23,24. If these are not right try calling ports untill VMS picks up (These will be the numbers you assign in hunt 7).

Actually, let's see: Partner Plus, so the first slot with a 206 is extensions 10 through 15; second slot with 206 is 16 through 21; third slot is the processor, fourth slot is the voice mail, that slot is extensions 22 through 27.

Since it's a VS mail, it uses the last 2 or 4 extensions, depending on the port/mailbox card inserted, and Hofer says it's a 2-port. So, the extensions to put into Hunt Group 7 are 26 and 27.

FEATURE 00
Left INTERCOM twice
#505 - 7 - 26 - 1
#505 - 7 - 27 - 1
#306 - 26 - 10 (transfer return calls go to Ext. 10)
#306 - 27 - 10
FEATURE 00

If you have already been programming and might have other extensions in Group 7, be sure to take anything other than 26 and 27 OUT.

#505 - 7 - XX - 2 (where XX is the extension No.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back