Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialer for Rural Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofeathers

Vendor
Aug 11, 2003
US
I have been asked to find a dialer commonly used by Rual Fire Departments that will call multiple numbers at the same time. This enables them to contact all Volunteer firemen at the same time...

Any Ideas??

Telstra In Australia used to use a system which supported selective ringing and enabled all parties to converse but required an earth at the premises It was installed at the local exchange because it required access to customers' "C" wires. It also set off the fire siren via a separate pair of wires. It was used for all rural fire brigades.I don't know if it is still used. I will try to find out some more information for you.

Telstra haven't used "c" wires since they got rid of "cross bar" exchanges
They now use the Features available from the Digital Exchanges to perform the same fucntions

The Voicemail systems on many modern PBX's should be able to stoore the msg in a distribution mailbox & then alert each user ( some can even send e-mails - these could be directed to SMS services on mobile phones)
Avayas IP Office can do this, unfortunatly it has no option for escalation/realerting the recipients (yet)

If the staton is un-manned it can call out to the vounteers, but this would have to be on a hunt basis, one at a time untill one answered.

If you are having dispatch send the tones to your firehouise to alert the "phone system" Cant you have the local dispatch center alert a paging system? Motorola pagers work great for our county, and I dont have to sit by the phone to get my next ambulance run.

OKIGOAT47 IS CORRECT IT WAS CALLED A FIRE BAR AND THEY WERE IN THE CENTRAL OFFICE'S HERE IN THE STATES. BUT THAT WAS YEARS AGO AND BEFORE DEREGULATION. NOW EVERYBODY CARRIES RADIOS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I would call other rural fire dept's and ask what they use and how its working for them

The Local Volunteer FD's in my area use a pager setup with one number for an "all notify" and other numbers for the individual pager.

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back