Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dial 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

archerdog

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me

I want to just dial the extension So can i set it this way

Pick up the reciver and dial the extension

Dial 9 to get an outside line?

Thank you all

Its a merlin legend

THANKS

I have the SAME question the exact same question.

so indeed you do i saw your post can you help it would save me time without pressing more buttons.

Simple...

In Central Telephone Programming, you need to go to Line Preference and turn it ON.

Then, from idle state you can press feature 00, *14, the line that you want to automatically select, then **14. Press home to end programming.

This will solve your problem.

ADXpert

Thanks Actualy i want to pick up a MLX set and be able to just dial an inside extension then dial 9 to get an outside line. We have 2 standard lines. and 10 extensions 6 phones have line 1 and 4 phones have line 2. Thanks alot.

So, what you are saying is that you can't dial 9 to get an outside line?

If this is the case, then you need to assign those lines you wish to access to a pool. Default pool is 70, secondary pools are assigned pilot numbers of 890 and up.

Once you assign lines to those pools, you need to give extenstions access to the pools using the dial out code command. 70s code is 9, and 890, etc are the actual pool.

To assign lines to pools go in to system programming, lines trunks, pools, enter pool number (70), then hit entry mode and assign the lines to the pool. Trunks: 801, 802, etc...

To allow a station to acces a dial out code: Go to system program, extension, Dial OutCd, enter extn, and then enter the pool code.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

ADXpert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back