Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial zero from mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mforrence

Vendor
Aug 7, 2004
US
Greetings,
Merlin Legend with 007 MLM. The customer's MLM died and we're replacing. Customer is new to us. And I'm doing my part via remote...
Here is the scenario:
Customer wants caller who gets into a user's voicemail box to be able to dial zero and get out. They want these calls to ring six phones for three rings and then go back to the auto attend.
The six phones have X140 coverage keys with immediate ring - looks like it was designed for this. X140 is a MLX port with no phone.
I made a mailbox 140 with class 15 to relaunch AA1. However, if I change the Call Service Answer to 140, the MLM doesn't even attempt to transfer the call. Rather it immediately launches AA1.
In theory the phone system programming shouldn't have changed. Any idea how I can accomplish this?
Thanks!
Mike

Perhaps set the Personal Operator of the mailboxes to 140, instead of the global CASO setting?

Unfortunately, this version of MLM doesn't support Personal Operator...
Mike

Really? 007MLM? Log into an individual mailbox, and you don't have option 4 to set a Personal Operator?

Oops - you're right. Available to user, not via administrator mailbox. Set it up - didn't make a difference...
Mike

Wait a minute! "MLX without a phone" - that will cover immediatly to voice mail. Use an adjunct instead, be sure to add it to the cover group. Then you can point the CASO or the personal operator to it.

mforrence how do you program Partner ACS 509 line 5 port to be a paging port? Thank you!!

First make sure Line 5 is removed from all phones - then program it as a paging line - using #617

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

And back to the original thread...

I'm still fighting this. To repeat the goal:
Legend R6 w/MLM. We want to allow callers to dial 0 from any mailbox, have it ring several phones then, if no answer, return to auto attend 1.

We have X140 which is an MLX adjunct port. We have coverage buttons on several phones so that when X140 rings, the other phones ring via coverage mechanism.

However, if I make a mailbox 140 with COS 15 (to launch AA1), when a caller dials 0 from any mailbox, AA1 starts immediately - system never attempts to actually transfer the call. If I don't make a MB140, if a caller dials 0 then calls ring all of the correct phones, but transfer return doesn't happen - calls ring forever. If I put ext 140 into the coverage group without a mailbox 140, calls will forward to voicemail and VMS answer with "mailbox 140 is not available..." or similar words.

It doesn't matter if X140 is configured as Call Answer Service Operator or as Personal operator within a mailbox.

Open to suggestions.

Throw 140 into a new calling group and then program shared SA buttons for 140 (you may need 2)instead of Primary Cover. Set overflow for your new hunt group to be 770 or whatever calling group is your Legend Mail. Change your operator extension to be the new hunt group number.

:D

------------------------------------------
Wash, rinse, repeat.

You could accomplish this with a "loop-around" extention as a member of a "Group Ring" group - but you would need to upgrade your processor firmware to Magix, R4. What version of firmware is on the processor now? Do you have any 012 or 016 modules in the system with spare ports and any unused CO line ports?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

*edited to allow for multiple calls

Throw 140 and a new ext i.e. 141 into a new calling group and then program shared SA buttons for 140 button 1, 141 button 1 instead of Primary Cover. Set overflow for your new hunt group to be 770 or whatever calling group is your Legend Mail. Change your operator extension to be the new hunt group number.

:D

-------------------
bodie

If extension 140 is an adjunct with no phone calls should ring @ secondary cover button(s) with Immediate ring programmed,then after the covered number of rings for group,go to the group cover point(voicemail/Autoattendant).

Under cover Delay, Check your cover number of rings for primary(default 2), secondary(default 2) and group (default 3)for extension 140. Use all defaults for test,you can change later. You should be able to test by simply calling 140 from any extension. If you don't have any primary, or secondary cover buttons programmed then the call will go immedately to group cover.

43 years in the business and counting.

PS:
If test fails, do a print extension 140 to see what's up.

Good luck

43 years in the business and counting.

OK, I finally went to the manual, and found this:

MerMailCOS.jpg

So, it looks like you cannot set "phone status" on an Auto Attendant mailbox, like you can with Merlin Messaging. COS 15 is always "without a phone"

You will have to go to a loop around, so you can send the "line" back to the auto attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back