Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial-up working in Win98 but not in Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcjm

Programmer
Jan 15, 2001
PH
I created a program like the Dial up connection using Visual Basic. In Win98 everything works fine, it can create a phonebook entry in the Dial up connection and it can connect to the internet. The problem is, when I use Win 2000 it doesn't work the way it should. I'm using RASAPI in my program. Does anybody have any idea on how I can make this work in Win 2000? Thanks.

fcjm ,

the first thing I would check is to see if WIN2K actually supports the modem you are trying to use. If it does then I would suggest using the dial up service through WIN2K to see if it actually works thorugh normal procedures...after that you will need to modify your code to use the NT parameters.

zgtrman To effectively improve in the efficiency of your performance, one must be proficient in the implementation of a positive mental attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back