Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial-up VPN problem with Netscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr15athome

Programmer
Jun 21, 2006
GB
Hi,

The company I work for are trying to set up a connection so that external sales people can access the internal netwrok.

Here is what I know is set-up so far:-

We have a connection policy

Source: untrust/Dial-Up
Destination: trust/Lan internet

The problem we have experienced is that the connection on all 3 Laptops works fine the first time. Then after reconnecting later the connection would not work, with an error of something like 'cannot connect to VPN as it is already in use'. One of my colleagues has said that the first time he used the connection it worked for a while then eventually dropped out and wouldn't re-connect.

When reconnecting the client laptop states successful connection and can see the network and ping it but cannot see the dataserver or ping it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Chris J

Should check event log on the Netscreen for a clue as to why it cannot reconnect. For those instances where you are able to connect but cannot route I'd recommend running debug flow basic to determine what is happening with your vpn traffic.

Hi,

The debug flow basic that you mention is it part of the netscreen software or is it available to download somewhere?
What is unusual is that the laptops show the network connections to each drive but will not allow access. I guess this is because the network has worked before and it just remembers the mapping of the drives. Am I just looking to find where the traffic is coming from and which part of the network is blocking the traffic. Sorry if any of my terminology is incorrect in the is description, I networking is not my bag, give me software specification to write any day.....lol

Regards

Chris J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back