Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial-Up Networking Settings HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clapaz

Instructor
Nov 11, 2001
US
I've succesfully used pcAnywhere with a network connection but I'm unable to connect to my host computers with a dial-up connection. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the dial-up networking settings but I don't know what the correct settings are. My home network consists of a cable modem and a linksys router with wireless access point. This router serves as the DHCP client to 2 desktop computers and my laptop computer wirelessly. Does anyone know what I can do to connect to these desktops with a dial-up connection on my laptop when I'm away from home? Please get back to me asap.

Is the computer at home always on? If so, does it have a static ip address? If not, is the ip address usually the same?

If the ip address is the same always, try
You can use a web browser to control your computer from any dial up connection.

If the ip changes, you could run ICQ and remotley see the ip address of the user name that you define on ICQ on that computer and use the browser that way.

Remotely Anywhere is java and pretty fast.

Let me know.
Beaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back