Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial-up Internet connection web requests blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntieEPO

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Weve an ISA server on w2K server sp3 which is our internet server / proxy server using our main BT Openworld broadband ADSL link.

If and when this link goes down, to provide a backup internet (and ultimately mail) route ive installed an ISDN adapter on my server and configured a dialup connection to a free ISP.

I can get this to connect, however once connected (in a (working off line) state), when I attempt to browse to any given website the request times out, obviusly since these web requests are being blocked by the ISA server.

The IPP logs indicate this. Also the event log for the server throws up Events 11001 and 15108, whose sources are Microsoft Firewall and Microsoft ISA server respectively.

Has ANYONE got any ideas about what I should be looking at. I have created a Dialup entry(?) in ISA, and have read all kinds about firewall chaning etc etc. but all of it has simply confused me more. As far as I can tell i need to somehow configure the firewall to allow web requestst out for this particular dialup connection, but there doesnt appear to be a way of doing it.
You only appear to be able to do such a thing for given address sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back