Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIAL UP CONNECTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I am having a problem in Dial up Networking. After I filled out all the details for username password and ISP telephone number. The next time I want to login to ISP the save password is greyed out and I am unable to save password. Could someone tell me how to solve this small problem.

Hi,

This is anothers information that I am passing on ...

To enable the option to check the Save Password box, perform the following:

Click on START - SETTINGS - CONTROL PANEL and the Double-Click on the NETWORK icon.
Click on the ADD button.
Click on CLIENT and then click the ADD button again.
Under the Manufacturers window, click MICROSOFT. Now click Client for Microsoft Networks under the Network Clients window to the right and then click OK and cancel out of the Select Network Component Type window.
Now click OK to exit out of the Network window.
Windows will now install the necessary components, follow any on-screen prompts that may appear. If windows ask you to restart the computer, then click YES. If windows do not ask you to restart your computer, then click START - SHUTDOWN - RESTART THE COMPUTER and then click YES.
When windows is finished reloading, select your Dial-Up Network connection. You will now have the ability to check the Save Password box, place a check in the box at this time. You must then successfully connect using Dial-Up Networking in order for the password to remain saved the next time that you select Dial-Up Networking.

Darrell,

One more piece of info that is relevant. You must login to Windows for it to create and associate a password list file (whateveryourloginis.pwl).

If the above post has taken care of it...

Click on START - SETTINGS - CONTROL PANEL and the Double-Click on the NETWORK icon.
Select Client for Microsoft Networks as your default login from the drop down box there. Reboot. Type in a login name, and a password if you want it. Otherwise, click OK to give it a null password.

Matt J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back