Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Up Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCal

MIS
Apr 1, 2000
US
Rather new to Citrix and got dumped into a project.

Don't laugh, we are running NT Terminal Server with Metaframe 1.0.

I am trying to configure a dial-up connection but am having some difficulty. I created a session, configured the dial up which works fine- the server answers but the connection just stalls at the progress indicator. I don't know if I am perhaps missing something and would appreciate some direction.

Thanks in advance.

Al
atc-computing@home.com

Are you using RAS? This is a typical symptom of ICA/RAS - which doesn't mix!

Is the dial-in connection configured in Citrix Connection Manager? It needs to be set to ASYNC.

I hope this helps

I have a problem like that, with Win2000 and Metaframe 1.8. But my server is in a LAN, and my client connects to the LAN via RAS.
There is no problem, if my client works with RDP-TCP protocol (Microsoft Terminal Server) on the same server.
But if my client try to work with ICA-TCP, after few seconds the remote connection goes down.
What I have to do? In the Citrix Connection Configuration, if I try to install an async protocol, I have to setup that with a serial port, modem, etc., but my server have only a LAN cards X-) !
Thanks of all.

If your users are dialling up and authenticating to the domain via a separate RAS server, then, in theory, there should be no problems.

You would not be able to set up ASYNC on the Citrix server, since the modem is not attached to it :cool: The solution I was suggesting is for dial-up to a Citrix server direct.

If RDP is working and ICA is not, then there is probably something incorrect in the DNS settings - probably at the client end - since RDP uses WINS and ICA uses DNS for name resolution.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back