Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial UP Access to Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbiker

MIS
Aug 23, 2001
US
I know this must be soooo easy to do. But I am having a heck of a time getting this to work. I am not exactly sure if it's related to a Routing issue or addressing. Here's the senario..

Dialing into a Win2000 server via RAS. Thru the connection, I can establish a Terminal Server connection and log into the network. I also have an IIS server and a Netscape Internet server for GroupWise web access. What I am trying to do is get a basic dial up access to the Intranet so as to access GroupWise and the other web software we have on the Intranet, via the dial up users web browser and not have to use Terminal Server.

Right Now I can connect to Terminal server and then get a connection, however if I exit Terminal Server and attempt to open a web browser and launch GroupWise or any other web software I get no responce. I cannot seem to ping past the server to the IIS or Netscape web server. I think it's a routing issue but I am brain locked....

I know someone out their can unlock my brain freeze...

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back