Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Tone won't stop when outcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojomomo

Technical User
Apr 9, 2004
US
Hi,
We use a 2-cabinet Hicom 150 system. Recently the entire system has developed a problem: In the past, if a user programs one of their available telephone keys (we use model Optiset E Advanced) as a RepDial key (ie. Speed Dial), and the number they program it for is an outside number, and the receiver is on hook when they press the button to activate the call, the speakerphone kicks in and the number is dialed right away. The dial tone is never heard- the number is just dialed straight away. The person can then pickup the receiver at their convenience and begin talking.
The same thing happens if the person decides to pick up the receiver first and then press the RepDial key. A dial tone is present until they press the Repdial key and then the dial tone stops and the system dials.
It's always worked correctly like this for the past 7 years that I've been working with this system.
Now here's the problem: recently when users pick up the receiver before they press the repdial key they will hear a dial tone (which is what should happen) but once they press the Repdial key the dial tone does not stop. The dial tone continues as the system dials and places the outgoing call. The dial tone continues as the call is connected and as the 2 people speak.
This problem doesn't occur if you press the Repdial key before you pick up the receiver.
What did I do different recently? The only thing I can think of is that recently I modified one of the timer settings as a test for a different problem. However, after testing I promptly changed it back to the original setting. I've confirmed that the settings are correct by comparing them to old backup system files from 6 months and 1 year ago.
I've gone through all settings and can find nothing wrong (that I know of). I've tried phone station resets, performing full software and hardware config file transfers and finally a system-wide hard reset.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back