Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Tone Steps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcs82a

Technical User
Jul 24, 2009
US
I have a Avaya 8730 server running CM5.2.1, with a G650 cabinet, the protocal is H.323.

does anyone have or know where I can get a drawing of where dial tone starts and then ends at a phone?

The IPSI boards (TN2312) provide the call processing tones as well as collecting the digits.

Kevin

Kevin,

how about a remote site that only has a G700, will that site come back to the main site where the PBX and G650 is housed to get its dial tone?

The following list describes the basic architecture of the G700 Media Gateway:
• Intel i960 controller that hosts all the base switch-control and management software.
• Fits in an EIA-310-D standard 19-inch rack.
• Supports 15 ports of tone detection.
• Contains four media-module slots.
• One P330 expansion-module slot.
• One slot for the Octaplane stacking fabric.
• Can sit on a desktop or be rack-mounted.
• Contains an internal motherboard. For more information, see Motherboard on page 212.
• Standard based 10/100 Ethernet Interface connection types. A wall field or breakout panel
is not required.
• Internal global AC/DC power supply that provides low-voltage DC power to the fans,
motherboard, and media modules.
• Four internal fans that provide cooling for the internal components.

The above is from the Avaya Hardware Description. The 3rd bullet point provides the same functions as the IPSI does in a G650.

Kevin

@4mer -- If you are using IP phones that register to PROCR do the IPSI's still process the tones/collecting digits?

yes procr replace clan for registration purposes

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back