Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Tone Loud & Noisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenone

Instructor
Aug 7, 2003
US
After installing BC11 SP13 on the ACM, the dial tone on both analog and digitals phones is very loud and noisy. Can anyone identify what is causing this problem to occur? What can we do to fix this problem? Are there specific firmware versions required that might need upgrading? This upgrade was performed using the INL load and SAM 3.6 SP3.

every single phone ?
all cards, some cards
all equ's

pls give us more info , also what testing you have done

what firmware are you using on your ELU28/29 cards??

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

i suspect that there is a problem in the Transmission Matrix settings that is overloading the codecs on the analogue extension cards and in the digital extension phones. Check the TRM values in the old and new software loads. Also is speech distorted?

Testcentre:

I am facing a problem in which sometimes analog as well as digital extensions stop accepting the digits...After entering the third digit i will get the reorder tone...Then only solution is to change the equipment position & then bring it back to the old position...Even restart function doesn't works in that case...

Could it be also due to trans matrix??

BR,

What was it before BC11 sp13?? What version do you have on the TMU?? Do you get any fault signals??

Fidde

Singhbrindisi:

Can you still dial in Decadic Pulses to set up calls when you encounter the dialling failure?

Hi,

Well on an DBC 3213..It was not possible to dial in decadic pulses as far as analog phones are concerned it didn't clicked into my mind...
so next time i can be sure for decadic dialling on analog Extensions....
Can you analyse the cause for both the cases, ie if i am able to & not in the pulse mode..

BR,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back