Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Tone Fax machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpogriff

Programmer
May 27, 2004
US
I have a fax on ext 18 and it recieves faxes fine via auto attendant. Set to machine but cannot get an outside line, has machine dial tone.

I would like it to only use line 5.

Any thoughts? Could not access #313 from ext 10 odd no?

Extension 10 has lines 1-3 and not 4&5. Is this a Central programming issue where 10 needs access to 4&5 in order for ** ALS to be setup for ext 18?

ACS 7 Partner Messaging 4 port v6.0

Thanks for the help

I would think you could go feature 00 left int left int and get into #310 line assignment and add the lines to the extension then go into central program and do the ALS and the no ring options. i dont think you need them on ext 10 at all.

Kwing can you tell me what the ALS sequence would be?

I did 310 only line 5 I get a dial tone but it is an internal dial tone.

I assumed 9 would get an outside line but it does not

The ALS is auto line select. at ext 10 press feature 00. then left int 2 times and then right int once. THis should get you into central program. THen enter the ext of the fax. Now press ** and then line 5 then the 2 intercoms. THen feature 00 out of programming. This should make the machine pick up to line 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back