Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial thru. using acods

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUGWideBoy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2003
GB
Just wondering if anyone else has heard of the ability to break out of a voicemail box, straight to a acod.

We had mail box's without any out dialing facilities..suddenly making international calls.

£15'000's later our wonderful support provider basically told us this was a known fault. no patch and all you can do is make sure your acods are in the rpl's banned list.

Supposidly been around from last year.

i block acod access via voice mail with tgar/targ blocks just like any other station on the system.. my ld trunks are targ 0 1 2 3 4 5 , that blocks direct access via acod, sets go in tgar 6, i still use ncos for control past 9 plus

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

another security point.. my acod's are 7 digit numbers.. that is 4 to the third harder to guess then a 4 digit number.. and you don't need expansion packages past rls 3 for 7 digit dn's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Cheers John

good idea about making the acods 7 digits.

Using targ and tgars now.

Was just pretty pig sick to find out this was a know problem. But that our service provider choose not to let us know.

kinda thought blocking 9 in the rpls would do.

remember service providers are just like the people that work at your company.. some care, some don't and others just don't have a clue... 50 percent of the techs i work with would not have known that blocking the acod in the rpl's might help.. 10 percent don't know where to check rpl's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back