Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Plan and Feature Codes in Call Manager 6.1.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratster

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

I am a former Avaya customer that migrated to Cisco Call Manager.

The question I have is probably pretty simple for most of you. I inherited a Call Manager 6.1.2 and what I am trying to find out is if there is a way to find all the dial plan rules in one concise location within Call Manager.
Extension ranges, feature codes, paging access codes, IPCC ranges, etc.

My ultimate goal is to create a call pickup group but my concern is that I do not want to assign a call pickup group number until I am sure that the digits don't conflict within the dial plan.

Once I understand the dial plan, I assume it is fairly straight forward to create the pickup group and then assign members.

Can someone provide me with a little guidance please? I have been looking at the on line documentation and I have not seen a clean way to get all of the dial patterns in one easy view.

Thanks you for your time.

Hello Ratster,

If you’re referring to features such as call forwarding, removing call forwarding, redials, abbreviated dials,etc… they would need to be setup as other services or softkeys on the IP Phone. If you’re looking to change or review feature access codes for analog phones you’ll need to locate this information within the analog gateway. Paging access codes would be set up in the translation patterns in CCM.

For the pickup group you'll just need to create a call pickup group number, you could even make this an 8 digit number so it wouldn't impact any other extension setups. You would then assign this created call pick up group at the line level of each phone.

Unfortunately in CCM there’s no “Display feature-access-code” command as there is in Avaya, at least as far as I know.

I hope this information helps.

Han

How would I describe myself? Three words: Hard-working. Alpha-male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable. ~D. Schrute

You can run a dial plan report which will give every number currently used in the system.

Thanks guys

That points me in the right direction. I am sure I will have some additional questions, as work through it.

Ratster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back