Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrifile

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
Hoping someone can help me here.....i have setup a few trixbox servers before and used 9|. on both the trunk dial pattern and the outbound routes dial patterns.

When i do this all i can do is dial phone numbers that start with 9. I can dial 99831111 and get to the phone number but if i dial 98355555 it comes back and says the number is not in service.

I have tried using the "dial rules wizard" but when i do that i cannot dial anything....

I also tried simply leaving the dial pattern on the trunk blank so that i can just dial without the 9 first but i have the same issue. If i put 9|. i can only dial out to numbers starting with 9, if i put anything else in nothing has seemed to work.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Paul

The dial pattern 9|. tells trixbox that want to strip the "9" off the front and send the rest of the digits to the trunk.

99831111 would send 983-1111 to the trunk.
98355555 would send 835-5555 to the trunk.

(all this is true unless you have additional programming on the trunk itself, adding / subtracting digits)

Show us your dial pattern under trunks and Outbound route.

I think I did the same mistake

try don't put any prefix in the trunk config,don't put 9 in your dial pattern and same for outbound.

Wich Trix version are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back