Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Pad on Phone will not work or make sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwittenbrink

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2005
US
I had an annoying issue over the past several months, were a client that we service (I make no bones that I am from a IT background not telephony, and every time I install a system or configure I give a lot more appreciation towards that telephony background), complains that there phones do not work, but not all of them just a few.

One will stop working then the next day several more will. Then after replacing them or a reboot over the weekend the phones will work.

I now get a chance to be on site, and notice that they push really hard on the 5410 buttons. So much that the second one sticks. Afterwords the phone will stop responding.

If I free up this button the phone will work. It seems that the cleaning crew would clean the phones as well, and dislodge the stuck buttons over the weekend.

Frustrating (and silly) to me, so I though I would pass that on.

So the user pushes the button so hard it gets stuck ???
Stop changing the phones then or bill them good !

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

lol,

i have had a couple come back to me like that.

seems the keys by the screen are the most susceptible to it.

not an easy one to spot either, the phone boots up but will not respond to anything

This is because the DS modules were not upgraded properly. Try downgrading to 3.2.999 then back up to what ever you are running.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

with ours nit was nothing to do with that,

push one of the keys of a 5410 in until it sticks in.

you will see what i mean

My bad. I just re-read it and it is not what i thought. I thought he was getting the bad DTMF and dead phones.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back