Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dial out to devices needed DTMF commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhakwatut

Vendor
Jun 14, 2009
US
Hi All,
Need some help with ASPECT <grin>, need to dial a 10 digit phone number to a modem, all ok so far. When the modem answers I need to give commands to a POTS line sharing device to access the port my modem resides on, for example "203-555-1212 #22" should access the 2nd port on the COM Switch. The problem I have is with the timing of my PBX and the PSTN being too variable. I need to send the " #22 " after the far end picks up and that can be any where from 2 to 5 rings. I've tried a few commas in the dialing string with no luck.
How do I tell ASPECT to wait until the far end has stopped ringing and the COM switch is waiting for input before sending the #22 command?

I think there are some AT commands that might make this work for you. Have you checked the manual for your modem to (hopefully) see what AT commands it supports?

No Sir, I didn't consider that. I'll investigate. If I strike out on the modem idea, is there any way to use Aspect to issue the commands needed after the far end picksup and before the default device sends tones (usually about 3 secs)?

foung this thread that discusses this issue in more depth thread448-692586

have done some research and haven't found the modem command that will do it for me yet

can you suggest a specific modem that has this functionallity?

Thanks
Mike

ASPECT (and Procomm really) doesn't offer a good way to monitor the status of the connection, so about all you would be able to do in the script is guess as best one can with the proper number of pauses. I looked at the thread you posted and saw a suggestion from the last person in that thread to use a waitfor command to look for the OK command that is displayed after a connection is established. Does your modem issue such a result message? You could likely use that, then issue a second ATDT command (likely ATX0DT to account for the modem being connected) to send the tones.

Hi Knob,
The issues is the COM switch that physically is ahead of the modem. I need to issue a DTMF tone #11 or #22 or #33, depending on which port my modem is connected to. The COM switch documentation I've seen gives no indication that the COM switch sends any notice it's picked up the line. The only way I can tell is the ring tone stops, then 4 seconds later the COM switch connects to port 1. Thats fine if my modem is on that port, but it's usually on port 2 and occasionally on port 3.
I think the answer lays in my modem. I need to look into some extended AT commands further.
Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back