Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Out on Specific Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdvtech

Vendor
Mar 29, 2011
US
I have a customer that is a small medical office with 7 analog lines. They have a CXii with Embedded Voicemail and 6900 phones. Line 4 is a private line that rings on 1 phone. They dial 9 to call out, but want to know what they can do to specifically dial out on line 4. I thought maybe they could just dial the trunk number to dial out but that does not work. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

create a seperate access code that routes to that trunk and the appropriate ars
or add a line number to the trunk and use individual trunk access code to select it

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You could do a Direct Trunk Select for that specific trunk on that phone. It's been forever since I had to set this up, but the information should be on the on-line help on the controller.

I think I tried that and it said it was not allowed on that phone. I believe the help pages said that it cannot be done on 6900 phones. I will try it again when I return from vacation.

Online help on my MiVB 9.2 system says DTS is supported on 6900 series sets.

FYI CXi-II is not specific enough as there is a SX-200 variant that uses that chassis (or I think there is)

Presuming 3300 as everyone else has done

DTS (Direct Trunk Select) requires a 4 digit trunk number padded with zeros

It also requires an Access code

At a bare minimum, a person will need to dial 15 digits to get out via this method.

Billz66's suggestion can be done easily with a different leading digit if your dial plan allows and a total of 11 digits identical to dial 9

There are also options to automate the process under dial 9 (no change to the end user) that restricts access to some and allows access to others (Several ways to do this but none I would describe as easy)

You can program DTS to a key on a set so all the user needs to do is press the DTS key and then they have direct access to the specified trunk. For incoming calls you can set the DTS key to ring as well.

Good point Lundah

One caveat is that once a DTS, Always a DTS or ARS options are no longer available with DTS

Thanks for all the input. I ended up using ARS to resolve the situation. The customer uses one phone to ring on all calls and the on duty receptionists use Call Pickup to answer the ringing call. The Private line which was the one in question is programmed as a multi call button which is why the DTS does not work. It is all resolved and the customer is happy so that is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back