Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial-in properties in W2k3 AD fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishthom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
SE
Desperat need of help!

The problem has been posted earlier and I really are in need of a solution..
I have searched all the Internet for this problem and tried everything I possible can think of but haven´t found any solution.

After moving my remote access server from my Windows 2003 / Active Directory domain controller to a member server in the same domain I cannot access the dial-in property page in Active Directory users and computers.
This applies to any user in the AD:

Clicking the Dial-in tab I get the following error message:

Dial-in Page error
Could not load the Dial-in profile for this user because:
The network path was not found.

Clicking the "ok" option it displays the following:

"Dial-in page initialization failed".

All other tabs works fine.

Have not made any changes in the group policy nor anywhere else regaring the Remote Access.
Anyone got a clue? I would be able to define the network path somewhere?

Please Please !!! help My management are on my case everyday since they are in urgent need of remote access

Thomas

A suggestion and I am by no means an expert in this arena. I would suggest finding out if your remote access configurations for your network devices have changed. meaning can you telnet to your term server/modem bank/remote access server from within your netowrk? can you ping/traceroute it? Do you have the correct IP address/subnet mask? Check access control lists on routers, if they are only set up to allow certain devices to connect or see the RAS then maybe your new device 2003 seerver is not on that list? Isolate the problem starting with cables and work you way up. Eliminate possible problems before you entirely blame the application, not that Gates and crew intentionally would screw you but...

interesting problem, we are about to upgrade to 2003 and I'm not looking forward to it.

thek25
CCNA

I had the same thing - I did every thing everyone suggest - except the obvious.
One thing I did not pay attention to, was my file and print sharing button was checked and grayed out. I unchecked both network cards – then rechecked and I started to kick my own butt – it was fixed.
Something in the registry was corrupted. I will not mention the company – they told me to rebuild the server.

Good luck

I recently experienced a similar problem. Well IMHO, I simply disabled a few non-essential services for a VPN server. I followed one of the other links below, then experimented by restarting these services.
1) COM+ Event System
2) NT LM Security Support Provider.
3) Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
4) Network Connections
5) Network DDE
6) Network DDE DSDM
7) Telephony
8) Remote Registry Service

The Dial in permissions page is working again. I do not have the time to experiment with them now, nor privy to your specific configuration. But I would suggest you try a similar approach with the services. Let me know if I can assist in any other way too?
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back