Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Delay Time not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

twvnet

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US
Scenario:

IPO running 3.0.44 firmware and admin apps

Internal extensions in 1700 and 1800 range. Dial 1817xxxxxxx from fax machine. It rings internal extension 1817. Dial Delay Time is set to 4000 ms (default), but even though there is less than half a second delay in dialing digits, it rings extension 1817 every time.
This IPO is in an SCN with one other IPO. The other IPO has the same setting for Dial Delay Time (4000 ms). There is no overlap of extension or group numbering between the two IPOs, and SCN is working fine. There is no entry in Dial Delay Count on either IPO. Tried adding short code 1817xxxxxxx; with TN = 1817N -- same result.

Why doesn't it wait 4 seconds before treating the dial string as completed instead of immediately ringing to extension 1817?

BTW, I tried setting the the Dial Delay Count to 5, rebooting, then dialing 1817xxxxxxx from the fax machine. It never completed the dialout. It just kept waiting and system monitor never showed the dial string as completed, even after it "saw" the entire dialed number. I also tried setting the Dial Delay Count to 11, but got the same result. I had to set the Dial Delay Count back to blank in
order for it to dial out at all!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Tom

I usually set the Dial delay count to 1 more than the digits in your extension numbers

I also set the dial delay time to 1000ms

Seems to work well, haven't tried it with faxes though, can't see why it would be any differeny

Hey as a test try setting it up as JeSTe... suggests, which is as I always do also and then dial the number followed by a # key to force an endblock dial. Make sure other shortcodes you have put in are removed. ALso, try this with an analog phone in place of the fax until it works, may be something in the signaling of the fax machine

you are calling the ext because you do not have dial digit count set correctly, with no dial delay count as soon as the switch gets a match it is calling the on switch ext.

Set dial delay count to at least 1 more than any on-switch number.

delete your custome short codes & revert back to the defaults

Thanks for all the info, but we've already tried everything suggested here, including setting the dial delay count to 5 (extension length is 4), but it doesn't work. We can't just delete all the custom short codes because we're using VoIP trunks site-to-site and Least Cost Routes and the short codes are critical to the call routing. Are you saying that custom short codes are killing the impact of the Dial Delay Time and Dial Delay Count?

I suspect that thier is a fundamental error in the setup of your system ShortCodes & LCR routing. Unfortunatly without access to a copy of the CFG it is making it difucult to guess what that error is likly to be.

as a last ditch attempt try removing the ";" from the end or your short code (leave dial delay count at 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back