Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial codes for lines, dial 958

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkochis

Technical User
Nov 13, 2001
US
Hello all,

I would like to compile a list of dial codes by state/vendor that responds with what number you are calling from. In the Northeast with Verizon, I know if I dial 958 the CO will respond with an electronic voice giving me the telephone number of the POTS line I am calling from.

If you know of a similar trick in your area, please post it with vendor and state and I will build (and maintain) an FAQ with this information. [thumbsup]

Thank you,
Bob Kochis, Telecom Analyst
EDS/GMAC Mortgage

why not just use the nationwide number out there. It is 101073217709889664. Works on most systems nationwide with a few exceptions, mainly the VOIP guys.

Ghostin,

Who is the service provider for this? Very interesting that there is a nationwide provider.

10-10-732 is an AT&T SDN code and it is maintained by AT&T.

As a Matter of fact you can dial 10-10-288-1-770-988-9664 and you will also reach the ANI because it is an AT&T carrier code.
I'ye been told in canada you can dial 10-10-855-1-770-988-9664 and it will work up there.

_don

Ive found a few by searching internet using google and
searching for "anac numbers"
anac = automatic number announcement circuit

I usually use 800.314.4258

pete

Here's some more:

SBC Northern Indiana:
300-222-2222

Verizon Indiana
(Old GTE territory)
nxx-1218
(nxx=the exchange of the number that you are on, or any nxx serving out of that CO)

ADXpert

In Western Washington, I personally use:
(877) 521-2311

I have no idea who maintains that one, but it has always worked when I use it.

I'll try these other ones that have been posted as well. :)

- Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back