Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial by number working, dial by name not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneK

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
We have a secondary CP system that we are using for announcements (app builder). I have mirrored the existing CP (housing all the etensions) as far as RPLs and Messaging Management. When I am in a menu on the 2nd CP, dial by number works fine to the existing CP, however, as soon as I try to dial by name, I can't even type in the first letter. Is there somewhere else in the secondary system that I need to configure to allow dial by name?
Dial by name in the existing system works fin.
Existing Call Pilot: version 05.00.41.68
Secondary Call Pilit: version 04.04.04.08

On your Thru-Dial Block did you change it to dial by both

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I set up the app exactly as it is in the current system. I have one thru-dial block for allow dial by number and another thru-dial block for allow dial by name. For the allow dial by name, I have checked the box allow dial by name.
However, after your post, on the dial by name block, I checked both. The dialing by number works but not dialing the name. I've tried several names (all allow external capability to dial using their names as they work on the current system)

On your 2nd CP do you have all the mailboxes of the first one

No, none of the mailboxes are moving over to the 2nd CP, just the menus. We will be using both CP for better traffic utilization and more ports. According to Avaya we can do this. I just can't figure out why name dialing does not work when number dialing does.

No, none of the mailboxes are moving over to the 2nd CP, just the menus. We will be using both CP for better traffic utilization and more ports. According to Avaya we can do this. I just can't figure out why name dialing does not work when number dialing does.
Now that you raise that question, I wonder if there is some way to forward name dialing from the 2nd system to the 1st system. We know that we cannot use express messaging until we get primary CP moved over to secondary switch where 2nd CP resides. I wonder if name dialing follows same properties as express messaging.

You will need to enter all the people that you want to dial by name in CP 2, you can enter them as Directory Entry User Template but they have to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back